There is a bug in the Backup/Restore functionality across different operating systems.
I had a strange problem where Ignition was working fine on Linux, until I restored a project that was originally from a Windows host. When I rebooted the Linux machine, Ignition would not start. Starting Ignition from the console, I noticed references to the Windows file system “C:\Program Files” etc.
To correct, I needed to update the ignition.conf file and change the following lines:
wrapper.java.additional.6=-Ddata.dir=“C:\Program Files\Inductive Automation\Ignition/data”
wrapper.logfile=C:\Program Files\Inductive Automation\Ignition/logs\wrapper.log
I hope this information helps others.