Unable To Write To PLC Tag in UDT

Hi

I am unable to write to a PLC tag when it is part of a UDT. I have created a UDT with three PLC tags two of which I want to be able to write to from a numeric text field the min and max. When I create the template with the two numeric fields and bind them to the PLC tag they display ok but when I change the value it does not get written to the PLC. I have attached a screen shot of my setup. The side parameter in the UDT is an integer with a value of 1 or 2

Thanks

Aidan

We’ll probably need to see your logs.bin.gz to diagnose this further. When the write fails it should leave some kind of message in your logs.

Hi

I should have been a bit clearer. I don’t get an error but I don’t get the trailing ants on the input box when I change the value. I have created a mock up project which has the setup I am trying to use. You will have to create a UDT in a logix PLC with 3 real variables and then create two instances of this in the plc naming them side 1 and side 2. I then create a UDT in ignition with an integer parameter to replace the 1 or 2. Let me know if there is any other information I can provide

Thanks

Aidan
TemplateTest (2012-04-30).proj (14.7 KB)

I guess what I’d like to narrow down is if this is a UDT problem or a CLX problem. Can you write to these tags from the quick client or outside a SQLTags UDT?

Hi Kevin

To get it working I had to use separate UDT’s for each side and a template for each side and then it will write ok to the PLC. I did notice that when I do it this way more of the bind-able properties of the tag are bound in the template. i.e. the mouse over text, minimum and maximum. This does not happen when I tried it the other way with a parameter for the side number and only the value (Float) is shown as bound

Aidan

I imported your project, and unless something happened on the import, it looks like the only problem is that you don’t have the binding to the udt set up as “bi directional”. Turn that on and you should be able to write back to the property, using your original setup.

Hi Guys

That sorted it. I missed that one

Thanks

Aidan