Uncaught Exception Client Error

The attached image shows a Client error that has started showing up in the logs on a client system.
This error just repeats over and over and I have been unable to identify what is causing it.
I was hoping someone here might have some insights.
Looking at the properties of an instance I see that this is coming from a Perspective Session (node0b5rtxj4f99t3k1pirhmri2tx369) but other than than I don’t see any information pointing to what is causing this.
Is there a way to use the “node” value in the Perspective-session value of the logged error to find the session causing this (the IP address of the machine it’s running on, etc.)?
Any information in tracking this down would be appreciated.

Edit to add: Looking at some of the other instances of this error, it looks like the perspective-session value varies. So I expect this is something happening in multiple session in the system.

What’s the full logger name? Hover over the ‘Client’ text to see it.

It just says “Perspective.Client”.

My suspicion is that it’s a cross origin error or something. Maybe it’s coming from the Image component? Could you provide more context? Might have better luck with the browser’s console logs. Depending on the error, it could be browser specific. It seems like an error being thrown by the browser is respect to some JavaScript, hence the message “Script error”.

There are two errors on the console log for the session’s tab. They are as follows:

DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for http://server15:8088/res/perspective/js/mobx-react.umd.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE
DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for http://server15:8088/data/perspective/themes/light.css.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE

Of course I am unfamiliar with these logs so I’m not sure what “mobx-react.umd.js.map” is. I understand what themes are, but since this is currently at version 8.0.8 I am not purposely using any themes. I would assume the light theme is the default theme being used. That said, I know themes were not fully functional until .15 or so.

What other context can I provide? I’ll share what I can while keeping the client’s confidential information confidential.

Thanks!

Those are for development purposes. I wouldn’t worry about those. Especially on on 8.0.8. A source map is just a map between obfuscated JavaScript and the actual source code. It makes debugging easier, that’s all. Chrome devtools is just complaining that it cant find the source maps. That’s not the error you’re looking for. There must be something else. Feel free to send me more details in a private message. We’ll get this sorted out.

I’m not sure what else to send.
I can pull logs, grab screen caps, etc., but I’m not sure what in the system might point to the offending item(s).

There’s not much we can do from afar I don’t think. If the only thing we are getting from the logs is “Script error”, you’ll have to do some elimination on your end. Try narrowing it down to an individual page. The frequency of the intervals might be telling us something. If you’re still having trouble by the end of the day, I might recommend that you reach out to support.

I understand the difficulty in evaluating this at a distance. I’m further away from the site than you all are. It’s in San Diego and I’m in Tennessee. So I don’t have any visibility as to where Sessions might be running, what views those sessions are displaying, or any other local to the site info. I’ll have to have the client contact Tech Support and work with them directly to resolve these errors.

Thanks.

I understand. By ‘afar’ I meant not having access to the Gateway and the client. Sorry, poor choice of words. If you can derive or extract more info from the logs feel free to post it here.