Uncertain_InitialValue

As you can see, the communication between the CLP and the Ignition is working just fine, when I’m looking at the OPC Quick Client.

But inside my application, this Uncertain_InitialValue appears.

Have you tried binding Low_level_T1 to a component on screen? I’ve seen that before on new tags, granted it was with a Leased tag group and not the Default (Direct) tag group.

Edited to add: Another thing to check is the tag group of the uncertain tags. If the tag group does not exist, the tag will never be polled. I stumble into this occasionally when importing tags with custom tag groups.

Yes, I have, but the problem kept appearing.
Although, I have already solved the problem.
Solution: Just waited until the next day and all those problems related to uncertain values of tags were gone.

Hello all

I had the same problem, I solved it stopping Ignition and starting it again.
In C:\Program Files\Inductive Automation\Ignition, here is the option to stop ignition.

5 Likes

Adding info here, to help anyone in the future, since my search lead to this page.

In our version of this error the issue was the tag group rate was set to 0. (It had previously not been set to 0, someone had made an over the weekend change) The fix was to return the rate back to the non-zero value.

This error occurred in concert with server OS patching, adding confusion.

Also, no log pointed to this, it was found by chance while looking for last resorts on things to check.

1 Like