Unicode fonts displaying properly in Report preview in Designer but not in Perspective view

Hello Support

I am struggling to generate report with Unicode fonts. The report is showing properly when I am previewing in designer. But when I am viewing it in a perspective session with report viewer, it is not displaying properly. My setup is a test environment where Ignition Gateway, Designer and Report Viewer are all running in the same machine.

The screenshot is attached.

What could be the issue and what could be the solution?

Thanks in advance for your support.

This is not support. We're just a bunch of users who like to share what we know.
You can contact support here: https://support.inductiveautomation.com/hc/en-us

What characters are not displaying properly ?
The only difference I can spot is here:
image vs image

It seems characters positions are swapped, is that the issue ?

I had something similar and they gave me a solution

u may try write your thai text like this:

u"ประเทศไทยเป็นประเทศที่มีความหลากหลายทางวัฒนธรรมและประเพณี มีอาหารที่หลากหลายและอร่อยมาก เช่น ต้มยำกุ้ง ส้มตำ และผัดไทย นอกจากนี้ ประเทศไทยยังมีสถานที่ท่องเที่ยวที่สวยงามมากมาย เช่น เกาะสมุย ภูเก็ต และเชียงใหม่ ทุกๆ ปีมีนักท่องเที่ยวจากทั่วโลกมาเยือนประเทศไทยเพื่อสัมผัสกับวัฒนธรรมที่เป็นเอกลักษณ์และทิวทัศน์ที่งดงาม"

with the u

1 Like

Hi

Yes. That is the issue. I don't know why it displays properly in preview mode but not in report viewer in a perspective session.

Hi

I have tried the solution you mentioned but not working in my case. The reporting module not treating the "u" as a command rather as a character to print.

Hi

One interesting findings: when I schedule the report and generate in any format other PDF, it is working properly. It is only creating problem when generating report in PDF format.

Thanks

1 Like