Uniopc not connecting

uniopc, opc -da server from unitronics is not detected by ignition automatically and remains showing “connecting” when manually added as “uniopc.server.1” but never get connected

Are you using the OpcCom Module? OPC-UA is incompatible with OPC-DA. The OPCCom Module takes care of that.

That could also be the wrong ProgId. Make sure you have the correct one. If you install the OPC Core Components Ignition will be able to list the OPC servers. The OPC Core Components can be found here:

64-bit
files.inductiveautomation.com/so … reComp.zip

32-bit
files.inductiveautomation.com/so … re_x86.zip

A few things:

1. Make sure you’re using 32-bit Java.
  2. Install the 32-bit core components from the link above
  3. Make sure the OPC-COM module is installed, and try adding a new OPC-DA server connection.

If the server still isn’t detected, there is likely a problem with the DCOM settings on your machine. There are various guides around, but if you try these steps and post back we can point you in the right direction.

*Note: I don’t recommend installing the 64-bit core components linked to above. We currently only support the OPC-COM module in 32-bit environments. Using 64-bit Java and the 64-bit core components will make it “appear” to work, but we’ve found significant stability problems with that environment.

Regards,

Hi,

If any one has been able to get this issue resolved please let me know thanks

Rafey.shahid@qanare.com

Regards
Rafey

If you need some help configuring OPC-COM connections take a look at this knowledge base article: inductiveautomation.com/support/kb/152

Link is broken. I think this is current: Setting up and troubleshooting OPC-COM connections