What is your opinion on having Simulator for a plant.
[poll type=multiple max=8]
- It’s a valuable tool for operator training for normal and emergency operation of plant for increased plant safety, security and efficiency.
- Useful for new plants for design/testing and tuning of control system and SCADA system and operator readiness before/during and after plant commissioning.
- Useful for migration projects from old to new Ignition based SCADA/control systems as complete SCADA and control system can be planned on Simulated plant first saving migration time.
- Useful for decision making about migration to Ignition by implementing Ignition on Simulated plant to see the benifits of Ignition, operator readiness and reduce migration time.
- Useful tool for training department of an existing Ignition based plant to get a better feel of the plant and control system behaviour under all possible plant conditions.
- Can’t say as we have no experience with Simulators, we have to try and see.
- A good to have but not a must tool as ROI is not tangible.
- Simulator is an overhead and avoidable cost to the plant.
We are pleased to announce Launch of [color=#408000]UNISEMS [/color]package as a Simulation module for Ignition. Please visit UNISEMS web site http://www.unisems.com for more details and a couple of introductory you tube videos for the package.
We will be present in ICC-2015 at Folsom CA from 21st to 23rd Sept 2015 and will be glad to demonstrate and discuss the [color=#808000]ARSCADA [/color]and [color=#808000]UNISEMS [/color]modules with you. Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a meeting during breaks in the conference.