UPC UA module fault

Hello everyone

I have a module fault I can't resolve. Initially the OPC-UA module was faulted, but after the module restart, all driver modules are also faulted. Please see the error attached.
opc ua fault 202402120759.txt (5.3 KB)
opc ua fault 202402120807 after module restart.txt (9.1 KB)

The installation where the problem first occurred was 7.9.16. I updated java to latest version and Ignition to 7.9.21., but the problem persists. I also specified the wrapper.java.command path in ignition.conf file, but that didn't help.

After the module restart, there are several faults in the GW logs:
Error starting module xopc.txt (9.0 KB)
Error starting XOPCServer.txt (6.1 KB)

All the drivers have the similar fault "Error loading hook classes":
Error loading hook classes for module modbus-driver2.txt (6.5 KB)

I've never had a similar problem and currently I'm out of ideas. I'd appreciate any insight.

BR
Edit: Wrapper log when things went bad
wrapper log.txt (2.9 MB)

Are you sure that OPC UA module is the one from the 7.9.21 install? That would be the only obvious reason for the missing libraries. Consider stopping, clearing out user-lib/modules, and re-installing.

Stop the Ignition Gateway, delete the $IGNITION_INSTALL_DIR/data/jar-cache folder, and then start it again.

1 Like

Thank everyone for their answers. We diagnosed the problem: antivirus.

Since 9th of February, Bitdefender definitions recognize JobSupport class located in file __456175499__opc-ua-server-4.9.21-all.jar as a trojan.

Bitdefender removed this class from the file, but not the file itself (so the file was not repopulated after GW restart).

Disabling the antivirus, stopping GW, deleting xopc cache and restarting the GW fixed the problem. Although, an exception is yet to be implemented in Bitdefender to ignore Ignition folder, which proved to be a bit difficult.