Update to User Manual

I was wondering if there is plans to update the user manual with all the new features and function? For instance, I noticed that there is a whole section of database expression functions, but nothing about them in either the offline or online manuals. Thanks.

The new user manual at docs.inductiveautomation.com:84 … ion+Manual has a lot of Ignition 7.8 in it, but we’re also working to add more.

The DB expression functions you mention are a peculiar case, as they’re deprecated/legacy functions, so they’re not documented because we want to discourage their use in new projects…

Sounds good, thanks.

I think it’s great that you guys have migrated to something like Confluence for the new user manual. However, I’m trying to provide access to a customer to the web based user manual for version 7.6.6. I realize that they can simply launch it from the Gateway/Client, but that isn’t going to help me out. Do you guys still have links to the older user manuals?

I don’t think we’re hosting any old versions. There’s still a 7.7 user manual up, but I only found it with Google, it doesn’t appear to be linked anywhere: support.inductiveautomation.com … /ignition/