Updating from 7.5.6 to 7.6.x

Hello guys

Anyone here have any experience / feedback to share about upgrading from 7.5.x to 7.6.x?

The previous guy responsible for Ignition procrastinated this and now, mainly to the java security issue, I want to solve this asap.

thanks in advance
Leonardo

If all clients are running Java 7 update 51, you can update Ignition to v7.5.11 with no problems … except for the Mobile Module. The Mobile Module requires Java 7 on the server. It’s not the same as updating to v7.6.x, but it is something that resolves the security problems.

Hey adamaustin, thanks a lot for your reply

In this thread ( viewtopic.php?f=70&t=11216&p=40096&hilit=applet#p40096 ) Greg Simpson say it’ll be fixed for 7.6.4 but didn’t say nothing about 7.5.11. I’ve also checked the changelog of 7.5.11 but there’s nothing specific about that.

I don’t use the mobile module of ignition, so it’s a starting point anyway, but it would be nice if any moderator confirm your advice!

Oops,

last post is mine, forgot to check if I was logged on :stuck_out_tongue:

We have already done the upgrade numerous times, but why not try it for yourself? Download an older version (7.5.6, for example) and install it locally and test the site localhost:8088 with Java 7 update 51 installed, then upgrade to 7.5.11 and try it again.