I’m having issues getting Designer to launch using Java 7 after an upgrade. I installed Java 7 (x64) alongside Java 6 (x86) and took the following steps post-installation, (copy/pasted from an email I’m drafting) …
Download Java Platform (JDK) 7u3
Run the installer
[list]a. When prompted for a location for JDK, use C:\Java\jdk1.7.0_03
b. When prompted for a location for JRE, use C:\Java\jre7
c. When the installation wizard for JavaFX comes up, cancel out of it[/ul]
I changed the JAVA_HOME environment variable to C:\Java\jdk1.7.0_03
I eliminated C:\Java\jdk1.6.0_16\jre\bin from the PATH environment variable. I added %JAVA_HOME%\bin to the beginning of the PATH environment variable.
Within Ignition’s install directory, open the ignition.conf file in the /data folder
[ul]a. Locate the wrapper.java.command=C:/Java/jdk1.6.0_16/jre/bin/java.exe line under Wrapper Java Properties and put a # in front of it, (which will comment it out)
b. Just below it, remove the # from the beginning of the #wrapper.java.command=%JAVA_HOME%/bin/java line
c. Save the file and restart the Ignition Gateway service
d. On Ignition’s web interface, go to the Configure page. Under System Properties, the Version field should read Oracle Corporation 1.7.0_03[/ul]
- On Ignition’s web interface, go to the Configure page and clicked the Gateway Settings links under the Configuration heading. Working in the Settings tab, change Allowed JREs under Web-Launch Settings to 1.7+
After taking all these steps, my Designer/Client still uses Java 6, (I’m running everything on the same machine, Gateway & Designer/Client). If I launch the Java Control Panel from the Windows Control Panel, it’s using Java 7, (and doesn’t list my Java 6 JRE either).