Upgrade 7.3.1 to 7.3.2

The System is a Redundancy system:
Both servers are Windows 2008 R2 64bit

The redundancy mode was set to cold within ignition.
On the slave side all the devices now show disconnected.
if i change it to warm mode and restart ignition the devices on the Slave node are connected again.

In the previous version the Slave would only use one connection to the slave but stay connected in the Cold redundancy mode.

Also on the Slave node i now get the error after restarting ignition:

[ERROR] 	14:35:50 	SQLTags.TagProviders.Provider[SQLTags].TagStore 	Error storing tag values.

	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.sqltags.tagproviders.internal.InternalTagStore.getDBId(InternalTagStore.java:199)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.sqltags.tagproviders.internal.InternalTagStore.internalStoreTagValues(InternalTagStore.java:948)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.sqltags.tagproviders.internal.InternalTagStore$TagValueRedundancyMessageListener.receiveCall(InternalTagStore.java:1213)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.cluster.QueueableMessageReceiver.receiveCall(QueueableMessageReceiver.java:45)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.redundancy.RedundancyManagerImpl.dispatchMessage(RedundancyManagerImpl.java:619)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.redundancy.state.BackupStateManager._dispatchTask(BackupStateManager.java:351)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.redundancy.state.BackupStateManager$UpdateTaskRunner.run(BackupStateManager.java:374)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.execution.impl.BasicExecutionEngine$ThrowableCatchingRunnable.run(BasicExecutionEngine.java:526)
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I have tried to uninstall ignition with a fresh install after and the same porblem persists.


Yes, there was a change in 7.3.2 so that the devices no longer connect when cold. This was motivated by some devices that have a limited number of available connections, but also is driven by the idea that the cold backup should have as little impact as possible on the network/devices.

As for that error… are you getting it on the master or on the backup? If it’s happening on the master, I would recommend trying to “resync” the backup. You can do this by shutting the backup down, locating “redundancy.xml” in “{Install dir}\data”, and modifying the value of the “systemstateuid” value. For example, you can just delete the value, to end up with:

<entry key="redundancy.systemstateuid"></entry>

When you restart the gateway, it will re-download the project from the master.

IF this message is happening on the master, let me know and I’ll try to track down how this is possible.


Hi Colby

The Error was happening on the backup and i tried the resync which seems to have fixed it.
Thanks for the info.

As for the cold backup: i though it was useful to know that the backup was able to communicate with the devices (using 1 connection only).
Now it looks like on the status page as if there was an error because the devices aren’t connected.


Yes, I agree that the device status still isn’t quite as good as it could be. It probably should try to connect periodically in order to verify that it can, but then disconnect and do nothing.

As for the other problem, I’m glad it worked. We’ve seen the databases get out of sync occasionally, though it doesn’t happen much. We eventually need to add another layer of verification somewhere to really make sure this doesn’t happen.


I just wanted to let you know… we found an issue today that could lead to this. Specifically, there was a problem with how the redundant nodes communicate changes to static tag values. By re-sync’ing, you cleared the “runtime change” buffer, but the issue might pop up again depending on how your project operates.

This has been fixed for 7.3.3.