Upgrade 7.9.7 to 7.9.9 - gateway faulted on 1 of 2 servers

Hey folks,

Java 1.8.0_161-b12

Attempted to upgrade 7.9.7 to 7.9.9 on two servers today, one successful, the other I had to roll back to 7.9.7.

After upgrade, neither would start and I ended up having to restore a gateway backup via the GCU to get the first to work. The second, no matter how I went about restoring the gateway would never start up. At best, I could get the web service to start, but the gateway would say faulted.

Ended up rolling back to 7.9.7 to get our services back online.

Anyone have any experience with this or any idea as to what would cause it?

A wrapper.log file (<install directory>/logs/wrapper.log) would be the only way to tell for sure what went wrong on the system.

Without that, it’s probably that the issue was with the garbage collection method(s) present in the configuration file - there’s an issue in 7.9.9 (fixed in 7.9.10) with duplicate garbage collection methods; see “Fixed an issue with duplicate garbage collection methods preventing service startup after upgrade.”

Good to know, thanks for that.

I guess we can wait for 7.9.10 and try again. If I want to set it up on a bench, would you just remove commented garbage collection lines, or start with a fresh config file and try to reintroduce the settings we had before?

Cheers.