Upgrade from V7.2 to V7.5

I will be soon upgrading a Mission Critical application from V7.2 to V7.5. Anyone know of any ‘gotcha’ that I may encounter?

Jython was upgraded from 2.1 to 2.5 between those versions. People have run into a few minor problems with their existing scripts in some cases, especially when it comes to how other modules/functions are imported.

This is something you definitely want to test before upgrading a production environment.

I believe you will also lose user login information for the Ignition Gateway service if you have those privileges set up. This only applies if you have a user/password set up in the “Log On” tab of the Ignition Gateway service properties.

Topic here discussing some of the upgrade issue possibilities…

Will this also apply ( scripting issues ) from V7.2 to V7.4?
This is an out of town and I want to minimize having to make return trips to correct issues as they pop up. I will test as best as I can in my office before doing the field upgrade.

[quote=“Curlyandshemp”]Will this also apply ( scripting issues ) from V7.2 to V7.4?
This is an out of town and I want to minimize having to make return trips to correct issues as they pop up. I will test as best as I can in my office before doing the field upgrade.[/quote]

Yes, the upgrade happened in 7.4.