Upgrade Ignition after Licensing

Hello All,

We are using Ignition 7.6.4 version and works license package is installed on the gateway.

Now there is one note displays on gateway page that is “Ignition Version 7.6.6 is available”

My question is should i download and install Ignition Version 7.6.6 on the same machine where License is installed on Ignition 7.6.4 version machine or should i keep that Ignition version as it is.

The plant is live should there will any problem if i installed new version please suggest.

Thanks in advance

we have had very few issues when upgrading over the years. you should assess how quickly(probably pretty quickly) you could downgrade back to version 7.6.4 and decide if it it is worth having some downtime to upgrade.

Okay

Thanks

[quote=“Niks”]Hello All,

We are using Ignition 7.6.4 version and works license package is installed on the gateway.

Now there is one note displays on gateway page that is “Ignition Version 7.6.6 is available”

My question is should i download and install Ignition Version 7.6.6 on the same machine where License is installed on Ignition 7.6.4 version machine or should i keep that Ignition version as it is.

The plant is live should there will any problem if i installed new version please suggest.

Thanks in advance[/quote]

if you use templates and UDTs, don’t upgrade. The export feature for template UDTs is broken in 7.6.6.

[quote=“Curlyandshemp”][quote=“Niks”]Hello All,

Thanks in advance[/quote]

if you use templates and UDTs, don’t upgrade. The export feature for template UDTs is broken in 7.6.6.[/quote]

This issue has been fixed for Ignition 7.6.7-rc1

The update process is relatively fast. Usually if you are not having any issues there wouldn’t be a need to change the version of Ignition. But, if you are experiencing any kind of an issue it would be recommended to review the change logs to see if the issue you are experiencing has been resolve.