Upgraded to 7.1.3 caused an Active X problem

Upgraded to 7.1.3 and when I launch the designer I get " Error Loadling hook class “com.inductiveautomation.vision.activeXDesignerHook” for module “ActiveX”

Once designer loads, there is no Active X componet in the tabs.

I stopped and restarted the gateway, but that did not help.

Here is the error.

com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.modules.ModuleLoadException: Error loading hook class “com.inductiveautomation.vision.activex.ActiveXDesignerHook” for module “ActiveX”.
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.IgnitionDesigner.loadModules(IgnitionDesigner.java:763)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.IgnitionDesigner.startup(IgnitionDesigner.java:272)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.DesignerStartupHook$2.run(DesignerStartupHook.java:220)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/inductiveautomation/factorypmi/designer/palette/model/PaletteItem
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.IgnitionDesigner.loadModules(IgnitionDesigner.java:758)
… 10 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.designer.palette.model.PaletteItem
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
… 13 more

Well, I looked further and found that the Active X Module did not get updated during the 7.1.3 install to the updated 2.0.3 (b5368). So I downloaded the Active X Module and installed it seperately… and that seemed to fix my problem.

Yes, that is true, the ActiveX module is not included by default in the installer.

Thanks Carl,

I noticed it again when I updated another box I am working on. I figured that to be the case.

Tyler