Upgrading FactoryPMI 3.3.4 to Ignition 7.7

Carl Gould wrote:

Once you get your system booted up in a FactoryPMI 3.3.4 gateway, you should be able to make a gateway backup from there, and then import that into Ignition 7.7.1 using the legacy upgrade panel

I got the gateway loading and running on Java 1.6.0_18 and have a backup of the gateway, the individual projects and the MSSQL db used.

What is the process for legacy restore of these files into Ignition 7?

Do I need to update slowly so the scripts can be changed as I go?

I am pretty sure that Ignition 7.x does not do the same thing with scripts that FactoryPMI and FactorySQL did…

Has anyone here done a migration from FPMI 3.3.4 to any version of Ignition without a hitch?

I was able to upgrade Java to 1.6.0_018 and this worked well with FPMI 3.3.4. I then got the MSSQL connection setup and working in FPMI 3.3.4. It is a MUST that you install the 32-bit AND 64-bit of Java 1.7.0_67 before you proceed to the install of a 64-bit version of Ignition.

Do a complete backup of FPMI and FSQL including the individual projects and CSV for each tag set. SAVE EVERYTHING.

Uninstall the FPMI/SQL and reboot, leaving ALL versions of Java installed. Then install a 32-bit AND 64-bit version of Java 8u25 and reboot.

Then Install Ignition 7.7.1 and use the legacy Import of FPMI and FSQL backups.

[I tried doing 7.2.11 first and found problems using the Legacy Import on FSQL file which made the XML file fine, but failed on import of XML]