Upload and select image from perspective client

I would like to achieve the following functions:

1. upload image
    the perspective user can select a local (PC/Phone) image, rename it and upload it to the server.
  2. select image
  • the operator can click a button from perspective client to open a window
  • the window will list images from the gateway image folder
  • the operator can then select one of image
  • Once selected, the image can then be used to display on the screen.
    I would reckon the script will be to take the name of the image and linked it to a image component for displaying this image on perspective client. But is there a script to open the gateway image folder?

Can the above functions achieved in perspective?

You need to upload the images and store in a database table in a BLOB field.
You then retrieve the images using database queries.

1 Like

If you use a database to hold your images, you will likely want to use my Blob Server module (free) to have friendly URLs for your image components.

2 Likes

I took the image management module from the exchange then modified it to work with phil's blob module as I don't have the license for web dev module.

I created a popup so the user can add images to a link or button. The image or button stores the image ID number once it is added to the database. You could do similar, browse to find the image then retrieve the image ID so you can use it where you want.

In this example you could remove the upload component, possibly have a table that displays files in the selected folder then a button to retrieve the ID number. Save the ID number to a custom property or session if its session based then use that with phils module to retrieve the image URL.

4 Likes

Much appreciated.

I have to move on to the next task, I will get back to this task next week.

I will update here once the configuration is done as per your comments.