Upload/Download files to/from Dropbox/Gdrive

Has anyone tried to upload (or download) files to Dropbox or Google Drive from Ignition?
I would like to see, if this is possible from Ignition. Maybe some code examples…?

I haven’t heard of anyone doing that yet, but Google does have a Java API for Drive and I bet Dropbox does too. After a quick look I found the docs for the drive API here.

I have seen that, but I can’t make any sense of it… :blush:

It is a little difficult to get through and you might have to make an Ignition module to include the extra libraries. But if you need to access Drive, then this is most likely way for you to do it.

You could also look into whether there are web services for Drive and Dropbox. You can use Suds (a python version of Soap) pretty easily to access web services. There’s more about Suds in our user manual.

[quote=“Robert.McKenzie”]It is a little difficult to get through and you might have to make an Ignition module to include the extra libraries. But if you need to access Drive, then this is most likely way for you to do it.

You could also look into whether there are web services for Drive and Dropbox. You can use Suds (a python version of Soap) pretty easily to access web services. There’s more about Suds in our user manual.[/quote]
OK, now you’ve lost me completely… :laughing:

The page in our user manual has a pretty good explanation of what Suds is and how it works. Just follow the prompts and you should get it.

Time to resurrect this one for a moment, since I had a use for it on Google Drive… :smile:

For Windows: Download - Google Drive
Adds sync folder to C:\Users\userName\Google Drive.

For Linux: nice writeup and instructions on how to use google-drive-ocamlfuse.
Use a folder to sync of your choosing.

2 Likes