'Usage Tracking' with Auditing?

We are interested in tracking our project(s) page/view usage by user - a bit like Google Analytics, but much simpler. It seems the Auditing feature gets close to this, but I am unsure if it can be configured to do what we want, which is basically to log the project, page/view being visited along with the current user and timestamp, preferably into a database table (like the Audit feature does).

What options do we have here?

Thanks.

You could use the audit log, but you would need to write to it manually on page/view startup and/or shut down if you want to know duration of stay (of course this gets more complicated to return the info if a user logs off or closes the client)

https://docs.inductiveautomation.com/display/DOC80/system.util.audit

I had actually considered this approach - using system.util.audit in conjunction with the Page Startup event introduced in 8.0.16, however, I will have to wait until we upgrade (currently on .13) to try it out.
Going a step further, would it be possible to wire up the Page Startup event ‘globally’ without having to manually add to each page?

Thanks for the feedback!

Unfortunately I don’t think it’s possible to setup a global view startup script. It’s definitely something that I would create a global script function for though which I would call in each view.
I didn’t realise that the startup/shutdown events weren’t added until 16, that’s a bummer