Use Bounds and Numeric Keypad

If the numeric keypad is used to supply the value to a Numeric Text Field, the Use Bounds on the Numeric Text Field does not function correctly.

I’m guessing the bounds is checked when focus is lost on the numeric text field, but for some reason it is not running correctly when showNumericKeypad is called. If I enter a value which is greater than the Maximum with the numeric keypad for numericTextField_A and then select numericTextField_B (which calls the numeric keypad), the value in numericTextField_A is not checked correctly to see if it is within bounds.

The errors I have seen is, if the value returned by the numeric keypad is greater than the Maximum nothing happens and the out of bounds value is display, or if the value returned by the numeric keypad is greater than the Maximum then the value defaults to 9999.

The bounds error checking worked correctly if I was using the PC keyboard for data entry.

Apart from the above error, it would be nice if there was a way to catch an out of bounds error. It seems that if a value entered is greater than Maximum the value defaults to the Maximum value. It would be nice if I could tell the operator that the value they entered is out of bounds. For instance, if I set the bounds to 0.00 – 100.00 and the operator means to enter 10.5 but enters 105, the value will default to 100 which could cause a problem. If I could catch an out of bounds error then I could inform the operator that the value they entered X is outside the range Y-Z, please enter a new value.

Good find on that bug - we’ll get that fixed for 3.0.

I agree - there should be options about how to handle out-of-bounds entries. I’ll put making that an option in as a feature request.

Thanks,

ok - both the fix and feature are in for 3.0