Use button to create daily report, and easily view later

Hello,

currently we have a form which we use to display product info, who is in charge of the line, and the amount of product done that day.

I want to create a button they click at the end of the day. Which saves all that info relative to that day. And have something where people can go, select a product line and day, then view said information.

But I’m not sure how to go about this. Any ideas would greatly be appreciated.

Hi @andrews, there are a number of ways this can be done depending on whether you are using Vision or Perspective and what version you are on. Also, is all your data stored in a DB?

This sounds like a job for the reporting module if you are after a true report. But it may not be necessary if you just want to view it via the client.

Hello, and thank you for your response.
We are using Vision 7.8.5

And honestly I’m not really sure. I’m still getting familiar with Ignition and I took over this project from someone else. I think for right now viewing only in the client would be fine, but eventually a export option would be nice.

I'll be honest this is before my time :sweat_smile: so others may be better advising.

However, I would be tempted to get the data in some form of DB (if it isn't already) and then create a window that can display the data based on some filters in that window. If the data is stored, you can figure out what to do with it later :slight_smile: