Useability

How do you exit from the property expression editor without using the mouse :scratch:

in the designer? You can tab around till the cancel button is highlighted, or hit alt-c.

@Dravik
nope. tab inserts a tab

a (very) brief primer.

Ctrl-Tab will get you out of the text box. After that:

[ul]
[li]Tab will change the focus.[/li]
[li]Space will choose whatever the focus is on.[/li]
[li]Enter will choose the default (in this case, the OK button.[/li]
[li]Alt-{underlined_letter} will will choose that particular item (ex. Alt-O for OK, Alt-C for Cancel)[/li][/ul]

I list all of them I can think of because it’s always good to remind ourselves on these kind of things. :slight_smile:

Thanks Jordan. That was the one combination I didn’t think of.

It would be sooo much easier if Alt-O would work from inside the text box. Think you can make it happen for the next release? Carl? Colby?

^ :smiley:

This happens to have been fixed in 7.4 as a pleasant side-effect of upgrading the styled text area used for writing expressions.

All this talk about 7.4 has me wondering, will 7.3 be short lived? Will Santa be bringing a shinning new release for us? Will I get my post count up high enough through posting these little posts that add nothing to the topic at hand to avoid a demotion in the upcoming forum ranking change?

1. 7.4 will be the fulfillment of everything wonderful and great that we wished was in 7.3. Put differently, we do hope to get it out quickly, and keep its scope pretty limited (to awesome things like template components and SQLTags UDTs).
  2. Santa… could bring it… like, after he gets done with Christmas and relaxes for a month.
  3. I’ll give you a special promotion if you don’t make 1000 trivial posts :laughing:

[quote=“Colby.Clegg”]
3) I’ll give you a special promotion if you don’t make 1000 trivial posts :laughing:[/quote]

WOHO !

oh wait, damm!

[quote=“Robert”][quote=“Colby.Clegg”]
3) I’ll give you a special promotion if you don’t make 1000 trivial posts :laughing:[/quote]

WOHO !

oh wait, damm![/quote]
It’s okay, Robert you still have a 999 post buffer…

Not that this is a trivial post. It was just an observation. :mrgreen: