Using Ignition With Wonderware/Aveva Historian

Hi Claude - I'm curious if the Integration Objects approach worked for you, or if you found a better alternative?

The number of tags I needed to synch/replicate over into Ignition was too large to do this way. I also tried doing my own SQL based approach by querying the Wonderware/Aveva Runtime DB dbo.Live table. This approach also failed, because frequently changing values like package weights were not always captured and replicated before a new weight was obtained. Currently I am transitioning us to a KepserverEX based IO server platform. Both Wonderware/Aveva and Ignition can talk to KepserverEX, so we are going to create tags on one, or perhaps both, platforms based on our needs.

Been a few years, have this done yet @pturmel . :smile:

Hah! Did you not see the codicil? I haven't touched any WonderWare systems in many years, and have no plans to.

You seem like the type to get bored and just say "well Sh&* guess I could make this for "fun"" LOL. Can always wish right.

I do sometimes go off into the weeds like that. But always for some shiny technology in which I'm interested. And have handy. WW/Aveva fits neither "shiny" nor "interesting", and I have no access to a copy.

2 Likes