Using multi-select checkboxes to update table

Continuing the discussion from Tree-view like selection using checkboxes for search filtering:

Is this still the best way to do this? I’m looking to do something similar by using the checkboxes to update a table. I’m having a lot of trouble trying to organize it and I feel like I may be reinventing the wheel.

I have a list of customers and associated sites, which will be assigned to technicians. I would like for the supervisors to be able to assign technicians to their sites on-the-fly by selecting the checkboxes of individual sites and/or all sites for a customer.

How can I set up our list of customers (pulled from query) and a list of their respective sites (from query) as a checkbox/tree-view hierarchy?

Update.

I’ve been trying to figure this out and at this point I’m just trying to get a basic repeater working. I am trying to generate a list of customers and sites from two queries and display them in the repeater. Later I will attempt to link the checkboxes to code that will update a table.

Tags:

Customer Name Tag - Dataset - Event driven - Select Distinct customername from table
Site Name Tag - Dataset - Event driven - Select sitename from table
Site Count Tag - Integer - Event driven - Select Count(*) from table (returns correct number)

CheckBox template - 3 custom properties:

1. customername dataset bound to Customer Name tag value
  2. sitename dataset bound to Site Name tag value
  3. id integer bound to Site Count tag value
    text is bound to expression combining customername and sitename.

1 template repeater:

I’ve dropped the checkbox template on it and the template path is correct. Dataset repeat behavior. The template parameters match up, sort of. All of the customers and sites are listed, but when I put in the ID (it actually works without the ID, but I added it thinking it would help) and it just repeats 0’s in the Dataset Viewer.

The repeater is currently displaying ‘Dataset[144R x 1C], Dataset[1328R x 1C]’ over and over. I have been able to get it to display the Customer Name and Site Name by binding the template directly to queries, but it repeats the first names over and over.

I’ve uploaded pics of the tag browser, dataset viewer and template repeater. Maybe this isn’t what it was designed for? In the meantime, I’m going to rewatch the template repeater videos and try and figure out what is going on behind the scenes - maybe that will help.

I know I’m missing something, but I’ve been working on this for the better part of 3 days with not much significant progress, so any guidance would be appreciated.

Edit - deleted pics

In your last image of the template repeater, it looks like your custom properties are String type. Try recreating them as dataset type.
Also, be warned, nesting datasets is technically possible but could lead to serialization problems that end up “corrupting” your window(s). Take frequent project backups.

Belated thanks!

You were right, it definitely didn’t like that. Ultimately I couldn’t get it to work, but it would be cool if there were a way to do something dynamic like that in the future.