UX confusion when creating new styles

This is for Perspective on 8.1.15 under Ubuntu

I was just experimenting with creating perspective styles and the UI for doing this confused the hell out of me for a bit. Here is a screen shot of after I created my new style:

Screen Shot 2022-03-25 at 1.07.47 PM

As you can see even though the dialog box for editing the “NewStyle” is open, the “folder” is still highlighted in project. Which confuses me. This confused me even more when I didn’t have a folder and the highlight remained on “Styles”. I was confused because I didn’t know what I was editing. The only indication was a small text heading at top of the dialog box.

In comparison, I just checked the video in IU for editing styles in 8.1 and the highlighting on the project tree goes away when the new style is created:

Screen Shot 2022-03-25 at 1.06.33 PM

I think the situation that I am experiencing is confusing. The UI in the video is a bit better, but what would be best is that the style being edited is highlighted.

Hey @peter,

I agree that the selection in the Project Browser should be kept in sync with what you are editing. I can’t think of a reason why we would purposefully do this, and this is likely an oversight. I’ll file a bug ticket to keep track of this issue. Thanks!