V7.3.3 Problems deleting Tag Folder

While trying to delete a tag folder containing tags in the designer using the right click dialog I get the following error message

[code]com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayException: Gateway Error 60001
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayInterface.newGatewayException(GatewayInterface.java:283)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayInterface.sendMessage(GatewayInterface.java:253)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayInterface.sendMessage(GatewayInterface.java:214)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayInterface.invoke(GatewayInterface.java:699)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.sqltags.impl.db.DatasourceTagManager.removeTags(DatasourceTagManager.java:373)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.sqltags.impl.ClientTagManagerImpl.removeTags(ClientTagManagerImpl.java:303)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.sqltags.util.TagUtilities.removeTags(TagUtilities.java:244)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.sqltags.dialog.TagBrowserPanel$TagBrowserActionHandler$DeleteTask.run(TagBrowserPanel.java:478)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.util.gui.progress.ClientProgressManager$ClientRunningTask.run(ClientProgressManager.java:544)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.execution.impl.BasicExecutionEngine$ThrowableCatchingRunnable.run(BasicExecutionEngine.java:526)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.sqltags.tagproviders.internal.InternalTagStore.getDBId(InternalTagStore.java:199)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.sqltags.tagproviders.internal.InternalTagStore.deleteTagsBatch(InternalTagStore.java:732)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.sqltags.tagproviders.internal.InternalTagStore.deleteTags(InternalTagStore.java:692)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.sqltags.providers.AbstractStoreBasedTagProvider.removeTags(AbstractStoreBasedTagProvider.java:547)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.sqltags.providers.RedundantProviderWrapper._removeTags(RedundantProviderWrapper.java:82)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.messages.ReflectiveInvokeMessage.execute(ReflectiveInvokeMessage.java:41)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.sqltags.providers.RedundantProviderWrapper$ConfigRedundancyMessageListener.receiveCall(RedundantProviderWrapper.java:190)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.cluster.QueueableMessageReceiver.receiveCall(QueueableMessageReceiver.java:45)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.redundancy.RedundancyManagerImpl.dispatchMessage(RedundancyManagerImpl.java:619)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.redundancy.RedundancyManagerImpl$ExecuteTask.run(RedundancyManagerImpl.java:640)
… 9 more

Ignition v7.3.3 (b570)
Java: Sun Microsystems Inc. 1.6.0_07
[/code]

I can submit my tagdatabase if need be

Your gateway’s cache got desynchronized from the database. Restart the gateway service or reboot and everything will be back to normal.

thanks!

Did these tags get imported from CSV?

The most likely situation is that tags were added with paths that didn’t map to actual folder definitions (or something weird happened and the tags were loaded before the folders). Then, when you go to delete, the folders in memory don’t map to an actual tag in the db.

I’ll have to fix the actual error over here. In the mean time, if you really need to delete the tags, it can be done directly against the internal db. Let me know if you still have the problem and I can give you further guidance in that direction.

Regards,