V7.8.2 and Historical Trend

I am having a serious issue with the latest version of Ignition. I have V7.8.2 running on a Windows 2012 server and the the issue can also be repeated on my Win7 64 bit VM on my laptop. Issue is so bad that the Ignition Gateway service will crash . Start Time and End Time passed to the Historical Trend do not behave as predicted and can actually cause the Ignition Gateway service to crash requiring a PC reboot.

What happens when I jump to Historical page with unpredictable start/stop times, the icon at the bottom right of chart that indicates data being loaded or chart being refreshed, just spins for about 10 seconds, then the database connections fault out, then the Ignition service crashes. This is repeatable.

I am recording individual process runs using a transaction group to record start time and stop time of a particular run . Historical data is being logged to a Historian database and I am using the start time and stop time of a particular of a run to display process parameters on a Historical Trend Chart. What I am finding is the start time and stop time is making to the custom properties of the screen that has the historical chart, but the properties of the Historical chart that are bound to the start time and stop time properties do not behave as predicted.

Sample of Run Data table with Run #8 highlighted:
[attachment=4]2016-03-17 19_54_34-IgnitionV78.RC2 - VMware Player (Non-commercial use only).png[/attachment]

Button to jump to Historical Trend screen with parameters:

[attachment=3]2016-03-17 19_55_22-IgnitionV78.RC2 - VMware Player (Non-commercial use only).png[/attachment]

parameters passed to Historical Trend screen:

[attachment=2]2016-03-17 19_55_59-IgnitionV78.RC2 - VMware Player (Non-commercial use only).png[/attachment]

Parameters passed to Historical Trend screen custom properties:

[attachment=1]2016-03-17 19_56_31-IgnitionV78.RC2 - VMware Player (Non-commercial use only).png[/attachment]

Properties of Historical chart bound to custom properties passed to window:

[attachment=0]2016-03-17 19_57_23-IgnitionV78.RC2 - VMware Player (Non-commercial use only).png[/attachment]

can’t add the end time property as I guess I have exceed image limit

but as you can see, that properties passed to the screen are not updating the chart properties.

I’ve seen this happen before.
The workaround I used was to pass in the dates into temporary custom parameters (tempStart, tempEnd)
On the root container, have a property change script for tempStart and tempEnd that write the values to Start and End on the chart.

[quote=“jpark”]I’ve seen this happen before.
The workaround I used was to pass in the dates into temporary custom parameters (tempStart, tempEnd)
On the root container, have a property change script for tempStart and tempEnd that write the values to Start and End on the chart.[/quote]

Thanks Jay, I will give that a try on my Laptop VM to prevent crashing the plant.
I have used this method before on other screens, but what I have found is sometimes the property change will not trigger. It appears it is a timing between when the custom properties get loaded, the property changes triggers and the window completes all tag updates.

[quote=“Curlyandshemp”][quote=“jpark”]I’ve seen this happen before.
On the root container, have a property change script for tempStart and tempEnd that write the values to Start and End on the chart.[/quote]

Thanks Jay, I will give that a try on my Laptop VM to prevent crashing the plant.
I have used this method before on other screens, but what I have found is sometimes the property change will not trigger. It appears it is a timing between when the custom properties get loaded, the property changes triggers and the window completes all tag updates.[/quote]

tried that:

[attachment=1]2016-03-18 11_57_24-IgnitionV78.RC2 - VMware Player (Non-commercial use only).png[/attachment]

but after 1 or 2 selections, still crashes shortly after this with Loading spinning until Database connections are lost, then Ignition service crashes:

[attachment=0]2016-03-18 11_47_35-IgnitionV78.RC2 - VMware Player (Non-commercial use only).png[/attachment]

Found a work around. Involves:
1 - Custom Property On screen to start a timer component
2 - Create property change script on timer, let timer accumulate X seconds
3 - pass custom properties passed to window as parameters to component properties in chart after a delay

custom property on root container:
[attachment=3]2016-03-25 14_51_03-HV01 - Chrome Remote Desktop.png[/attachment]

when window opens set to TRUE
[attachment=2]2016-03-25 14_52_21-HV01 - Chrome Remote Desktop.png[/attachment]

timer enable by custom property
[attachment=1]2016-03-25 14_53_29-HV01 - Chrome Remote Desktop.png[/attachment]

event change script on timer , looking for time to pass, then load custom properties to chart components
[attachment=0]2016-03-25 14_59_52-HV01 - Chrome Remote Desktop.png[/attachment]

1 Like