V8.0.5 LogixDriver v32.016 ReconnectWait

A new compactlogix v32.016 device status in Ignition only shows as reconnect wait.
From server that ignition is running on we can ping and show status page via webbrowser.
Ignition Logs don't appear to show anything related to logixdriver.

Does anyone have idea with how to proceed on determining what issue is?

Someday we may like to update ignition version but today isn't that day.

Have you tried disabling and re-enabling the device in Ignition? Do you get any log entries then?

Have you tried running a wireshark capture (with capture filter for the target IP) while re-enabling the Ignition device? Share the pcap here if so.

There's no actual traffic in that capture, just TCP/IP overhead.

Are you running Wireshark on the gateway? (Required.)

Follow this procedure:

• Disable the device connection.
  • Start wireshark, using a capture filter of "tcp and host w.x.y.z", where w.x.y.z is the IP address of the PLC.
  • Enable the device connection.
  • Keep collecting packets for a couple minutes.
  • Disable the device connection.
  • Save and post the PCAP file.

Make sure when you create the connection you're only changing the name of the device and the IP address (Hostname) and leave the rest at defaults. (Although I usually bump up the CIP Connection Size under advanced options to 4000 also.)

The only other item you may possibly need to change would be the local address, but this rare.

Workaround was to share data with another controller that gateway driver connects with.
Wireshark installed on same machine as gateway isn't practical now.
Wireshark on different machine info in green when webserver accessed(success), red and black when using rslinx

Are you asking a question?

Looks like RSLinx cannot connect to that PLC either. But not entirely clear.

Then it isn't going to be practical to help you. Unless you have IT support that can do wireshark through a switch's port mirroring or native capture technology.

We need to see the capture between the Ignition gateway and the target PLC.

(And not just screen shots. Post the PCAP when you have it.)

No not another question. Rslinx connection to plc broken also.
Added wireshark images with the idea that possibly relevant to solution as I don't know what I don't know.

1 Like

I'd say your IT is blocking your connections.

1 Like

050224.pcapng (1.7 KB)
Uploaded wireshark file running on gateway, filter "tcp and host w.x.y.z" Device connection disabled, enabled 2 minutes then disabled.

Yup, connections blocked. The capture is nothing but single packets trying to open a connection. No responses at all.

1 Like

Is there anything indicating that this connection is blocked versus powered down or unplugged from network?
That doesn't seem to be true because ping and webserver connect but just for further understanding.

Ping is a different protocol entirely, and webserver uses a different TCP port. That those work and EtherNet/IP doesn't is extremely strong evidence of firewall blockage.

We resolved.
OEM NAT on LAN side had IP and Gateway set the same.
We set LAN Gateway to 0.0.0.0 power cycled and Ignition driver good to go.