Variable Param session Report

Hello,

I try to generate a custom report with Perspective. I was able to create a query and bind to a tag with a param. But my problem now it is the next one:

• this report should be use by a certain number of people from different session and data from report will be variable (depend on user). It is any chance to bind the report to a session variable or someone have any solution to this problem?

(Data from report it’s took from a Query with a custom parameter to give unique data to user, like an IDX)

Thansk,

Paul

Use session props (configured on the “landing page” in Perspective). You will be able to bind that session prop to alter your report. And the session prop is specific to that session, so you won’t have to worry about conflicting writes to it. etc…

Hello,

I tried this but when I create a parameter in Reports, I can choose only ‘Tags’, I’m not able to choose something from session. And because of that it’s a high chance to get data conflicts when I try to generate reports from different session with different params.

How are you viewing the report? Is it using “report viewer” component in perspective?
If yes, you can just create the “New parameter” in params of report viewer and bind it to the session prop that you want.
Hope this helps :grinning:

1 Like

Adding on to what @user66 just mentioned. You can set the parameters of a report in a script as well. So if the report is being generated from Perspective you would be able to access all of the session properties in the script and set the Report parameters.

https://docs.inductiveautomation.com/display/DOC81/system.report.executeReport

1 Like

@user66 yes, It’s “report viewer” component from Perspective. @kvane I didn’t know I can set a report to generate from script as well, I will make a try. Thanks very much for help guys :smiley:

1 Like

To be honest I was able to find any session params on report viewer, just tag ones. I have Ignition 8.1.13 and on Reporting Module 6.1.13 (TRIAL module until I get my license) maybe for that?

On the Report Viewer, I am assuming you are trying to setup a binding on the Report Viewer parameter. The Session Properties would be here in the Property binding editor window:

1 Like