Various Components' Display

I would like to as a couple of things regarding the Components’ Display in Ignition:

1. Linear Scale

I have a Linear Scale like this (link (just in case: postimg.org/image/w4ylleg3l/).

In the linear scale, there is an indicator for “high” and “low” but how do we add a current value in the form of needle like indicator like the “high” and the “low” in the Linear Scale?

1. Meter

In the Meter, there are Tick Labels. Say, if we have Meter range from 0-100 and tick size of 20, then we will see 6 tick needles + labels correspond to the value of 0, 20, 40, 60, 80, and 100 respectively. My question is about the tick needles. How to change its size to make it shorter (its end is closer to the circumference of the meter circle)?

1. You can use Cell Update Binding to make the indicators dynamic.

More to follow… :wink:

EDIT: Here is an custom pallete with an example in it.

Hi Jordan,

Many thanks! :smiley: will check on the method you suggested. How about the Meter? Do you have any idea about it?

Hi Jordan,

I downloaded the project and tried to run it. The name is “test1” and it contains nothing(?) in it. Did I download the right file?

Hi Jordan,

In the end I follow your suggestion and making Cell Update Binding. At this moment, however, my Cell Update Binding does not have dynamic binding. But it is always bound to the Parent Windows' Custom Property which I named as pf.

[It looks like this: {Root Container.pf}]

And then, in this pf I bind it with indirect tag

A/B{1}/SomeElement1

where:

A is my tag folder B is my tag name {1} refers to [b]Root Container.index[/b] index is another Customer Property of my Parent Window SomeElement1 is an element in the tag

To make it dynamic.

But this way I do it in two steps:

For some other Components' Value (such as Label or TextBox Component), I could directly refer it in one step with Indirect Tag to the `A/B{1}/SomeOtherElement:

Is this design expected for Dynamic Cell Update Binding where the data is a DataTable? Or actually I miss a more decent way to do it in one step like what I did in other Components?

[quote=“ian”]Hi Jordan,

I downloaded the project and tried to run it. The name is “test1” and it contains nothing(?) in it. Did I download the right file?[/quote]

import it into an existing project. This is a custom palette called ‘JC Dynamic Scale’, and should show up as an additional component set. (click on ‘Scale w/ dyn indicator’) :slight_smile:

[quote="ian"]Hi Jordan,

In the end I follow your suggestion and making Cell Update Binding. At this moment, however, my Cell Update Binding does not have dynamic binding. But it is always bound to the Parent Windows' Custom Property which I named as pf.

[It looks like this: {Root Container.pf}]

And then, in this pf I bind it with indirect tag

A/B{1}/SomeElement1

where:

A is my tag folder B is my tag name {1} refers to [b]Root Container.index[/b] index is another Customer Property of my Parent Window SomeElement1 is an element in the tag

To make it dynamic.

But this way I do it in two steps:

For some other Components' Value (such as Label or TextBox Component), I could directly refer it in one step with Indirect Tag to the `A/B{1}/SomeOtherElement:

Is this design expected for Dynamic Cell Update Binding where the data is a DataTable? Or actually I miss a more decent way to do it in one step like what I did in other Components?[/quote]

Actually, there is nothing wrong with the way you did it. I often do things this way, so that I can make a standard component with custom properties, then for each instance of the component I can just bind to the Custom Properties and not have to individually set up datasets, styles, etc.

Also to let you know, I haven’t been able to dig into the meter too much to see if you can adjust the ticks. Or at least nothing has jumped out at me yet. :unamused:

I imported the project to the current project and yes, I can see the dynamic scale now. :smiley:

About the ticks: ok, thanks for the answer. Perhaps I will just use whatever is available as of now. :thumb_right: