Very slow UDT Definition Editor

I’m on Ignition 8.1.15 (b2022030114) and I’m experiencing a very slow behaviour in the UDT Definition Editor when I need to switch to the Value Changed Event Editor or the Expression editor. Maybe that’s due to the very big size of my UDT (~3000 tags).

Regards

I’m not able to reproduce (with a fairly ‘chunky’ UDT) on 8.1.17; if you’re able to try a nightly build or wait until 8.1.17 final is released with the new tag editor, could you report back if the new editor gives you the same issues?

If so, please open a ticket with support and send in a tag export so we can mock things up internally.

Hi PGriffith, thanks for your help: Ignition 8.1.16 (b2022040511) shows the same behavior - about 15 seconds to change from the UDT members list view to the event editor of a selected member.
I will open a ticket for that

Regards

PS the reason 8.1.17 was specifically mentioned is because in this version the tag editor has been replaced

1 Like

Hi PGriffith,
a little late but I'm back to you with my experience on Ignition 8.1.17.
I really appreciate the new tag editor, but unfortunately huge UDT editing issues are still there with a slight difference: now I'm experiencing a very slow first load (i.e. time between double-click on the UDT and editor pop up is very long), whereas edit of a single item in the editor, like ValueChanged event script, is now normal.

Thanks, regards

1 Like

Can you get in contact with support and, ideally, provide them with a tag export from your system? Then they can provide a replication case to our development team, which would help us get this fixed.

Hi PGriffith,
I opened a ticket some time ago and unfortunately I had no time to get back there in the meanwhile. After checking my support account, I realized today that Mr Joseph Cressa from the support was so kind to answer my question and confirm the slow loading behaviour, pointing me to version 8.1.17, which moves the “problem” just to the very first UDT loading into the editor. Proposal from him is to split the UDT. Since I don’t like to do that, because my project is almost at the end, I will live with that.
Thanks, regards

1 Like