View does not refresh after some hours

I'm having some trouble with a view im showing on an screen which is on 24hours a day. I've enabled pooling on queries and setted them to 30 seconds. The thing is that this screen is on all day and nobody interacts with it, not even moving the cursor. Is it possible that the browser is caching the data? Im assuming this because when I manually refresh everything updates and show right data.

Does it update on your development machine or on any others?
How do you know the data is actually changing?
Add a time display a tag with the current time in it and see if that updates. That would tell you if the browser is communicating with the gateway.

I think once tried the clock trick and I think it refreshed... Im using some embedded views where I pass the bindings as parameters... I'll try with a label displaying the hour in real time thanks

Parameters are only read once when the view initially loads.
You need to pass the tag paths and use those in the bindings.

But what if my binding is a query and not a tag? How can i pass the data to the embedded view? Now i've the screen opened and i see how data changes, how's this possible so?

I think you need to give us a lot more information.

1. What is the component?
  2. What type of binding have you created on it?
  3. If it's a query is it a named query?
  4. What is going to retrigger / refresh the query?

Sorry for my bad explanation. I'll give you more details about my implementation.
I've a view which has some flex containers. I've created a custom popperty in one of them which contains some embedded views. This custom propperty has a query binding with some params and polling enabled so it re-runs each 30secs. This query binding result is passed as param to an embedded view which shows the data.
Screen has been opened on my web browser for the last 3 hours and I'm seeing how data is changing because production is increasing as time passes. Don't know if i've made a good explaination now.

Hmmm. I don't think that's supposed to work. I had a look at Perspective - Embedded View | Ignition User Manual but it is not very specific.

Maybe someone else can help.

1 Like

Ok... Thanks for your effort, let's see if someone else has faced with this kind of problem

It does. For embedded views. Canvases and repeaters are the ones that give most people trouble, since those inner views aren't driven directly by bindings.

Thanks, Phil. I can't find it in the docs. Where should I look?

I've not looked for it in the docs. But when I embed views that have outer, changing bindings, the value changes propagate into the view. Seems perfectly ordinary and expected. Exactly like templates in Vision.

1 Like

So, Phil. Any idea of why when many hours pass it does not refresh until you force refresh manually? Could it be something related to cache or something? I'm even suspecting about windows "freezing" when many hours and no interaction by the user...

The interval doesn't seem to be something common for automatic sleep or power saving modes. That suggests a bug somewhere, almost certainly on the client side. But Perspective cannot force any client-side introspection, so it will have to be examined with diagnostic tools installed directly on those machines.

Sorry. No simply way to figure this out.

Do look in the gateway logs to see if the websocket breakage (from the client cutoff) is accompanied by any other suspicious errors.

2 Likes

If this is on a non-interactive display, I might consider using query tags, instead of a query binding.

1 Like