View reports in browser

Good morning,

I have just created my first report, but now I would like to view it by a Browser, as we use the Microsoft Reporting Services currently.
Is it possible to do it in Ignition?
My report is in "Ignition Deisgner" but how it can be accessed from another computer?

Thank you,

you'll want to use this probably

https://docs.inductiveautomation.com/display/DOC81/Perspective+-+Report+Viewer

Yes, thank you Victor.
I finally could access via web browser, but there are problems with a specific model of ThinClient (may be an update is required).
But despite my ReportViewer has a Schedule task, why is not refreshing the data once opened in the browser?

That's not how Ignition's reporting module works.

When you view a report in a Vision or Perspective client/session, the report is generated once, based on the parameters you supply. It doesn't automatically reload unless you give it different parameters to calculate.

Scheduled reports can deliver reports in PDF/Excel/HTML format to one or more targets, such as printers, email addresses, or save the created report to disk. But a report is not a 'live' document that updates while you're looking at it.

If you want a live view of process data, you should use a visualization system like Perspective or Vision.

Thank you for explaining something which is unknown for me.
Well, I come from SSRS which has the ability of refresh itself at a specified time.
I understand a "Report" is something static as I can export it, but I integrated my report into a Perspective view (the only page is the report), so I can see it via browser.
Once in Perspective, as I found in some YT video, I can add a button and refresh it by pressing, but, for sure my Perspective report can be updated within a specified time, isn´t it?

Thank you Paul!

Adding a parameter and changing it, it should be refreshed!

So many thank you guys!

1 Like