Vision Ad hoc trend chart: Saving/Loading History and Realtime chart date and time settings

Hi all,

I am using the vision ad hoc trend chart tool that is posted on Ignition Exchange by @Travis.Cox

Here is a link to the tool: Ignition Exchange | Inductive Automation

I have configured a plot in historical mode and saved it using the “Save Graph” component. Then, I have cleared my pens and modified the start and end date. Next, I loaded the plot using the “Load Graph” component. I noticed that the original start and end date for the saved plot was not restored when I loaded the plot.

I checked the scripts under “Save Graph” and “Load Graph” components and noticed that only the tag pens and axes are being saved/loaded. I believe the solution to restore the date and times is to also save/load the following properties of the “Easy Chart” component as well:

1- Chart Mode
2- Start Date
3- End Date
4- Outer Range Start
5- Outer Range End
6- Unit Count
7- Unit

Has anyone attempted this? I would appreciate feedback or any updates I have to make to the scripts to solve this problem.

Example:

1- Saved a plot and called it “Test11”. Note that starting date is 4/1/21 12:27 PM and end date is 4/1/21 12:37 PM

2- I cleared the pens and modified the start and end date. Note that start date is 4/1/21 11:40 AM and end date is 4/1/21 11:50 AM

3- I loaded the plot I had saved as “Test11”. Note it did not restore the date and time I had it saved as (starting date 4/1/21 12:27 PM and end date 4/1/21 12:37 PM)

Thanks in advance!

Yes… I noticed this too. It doesn’t make a great deal of sense to save a trend over a period, annotate it and then not be able to retrieve it over the time period in question. I have a similar thread to do with the Perspective Ad Hoc Trend where it has the same issue.

Hopefully we are not alone and perhaps others have worked in a solution to this problem.

I haven’t done precisely this, but you should know that the time span properties will reject invalid values. So the order they must be applied varies depending on what’s already there. ):

So, to minimize the chance/impact of rejection, I recommend the following:

• Set the chart mode first.
  • When switching into Realtime mode, check the existing unit. If changing to a larger unit, set the count first then the new unit. Otherwise set the unit first then the count.
  • When switching into Manual mode, set start and end dates, then set them again.
  • When switching into Historical mode, set outer start, start, end, and outer end, then set them again.

Don’t set properties that don’t apply to the new mode.

1 Like

Hi everyone! I just uploaded a new version of the template that supports this functionality. You will see version 1.0.1:

It now stores the chart mode, dates, and units. It also loads it properly. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

3 Likes

Can you please do this update also for 7.9 version?

I updated version 1.0.1 of the resource to version 7.9.18. That way it will work for 7.9 and 8. Try it out and let me know.

1 Like

Thank you @Travis.Cox and @pturmel for your time and help! Much appreciated