Vision client launcher jar errors

I'm getting this error on a user's machine:

I had deleted the .ignition folder based on what I found in the forum here and getting the same error. I also uninstalled the vision client launcher and downloaded it from that specific gateway and the error persists.

So then I tried to add those projects to my client to troubleshoot and I'm getting this error:

Do you have any antivirus on your client machine?

In the ~/.ignition directory there should be a log file for the launcher. Inside that log file, when you attempt to launch, it will log the command it runs to launch the client.

Copy and paste that command into a new terminal and then copy and paste the full output of that here.

There are several .log files, which one should I be looking under? I was assuming visionclientlauncher.log but I don't see an explicit command in it.

Hmm, that's the one I would expect it in. Something like "Starting Java with the following parameters: ".

Okay, I don't think the launcher is making it that far in this case. I checked the log after getting the error and this is what I can see.

INFO  [GatewayConnect                ] [2024/03/26 07:38:57]: Attempting to connect to gateway XXX...
WARN  [GatewayCommUtil               ] [2024/03/26 07:38:57]: Unexpected field 'GatewayAddress'
WARN  [GatewayCommUtil               ] [2024/03/26 07:38:57]: Unexpected field 'RedundantState'
WARN  [GatewayCommUtil               ] [2024/03/26 07:38:57]: Unexpected field 'GatewayAddress'
WARN  [GatewayCommUtil               ] [2024/03/26 07:38:57]: Unexpected field 'RedundantState'
WARN  [GatewayCommUtil               ] [2024/03/26 07:38:58]: Unexpected field 'GatewayAddress'
WARN  [GatewayCommUtil               ] [2024/03/26 07:38:58]: Unexpected field 'RedundantState'
INFO  [GatewayCommUtil               ] [2024/03/26 07:38:58]: Downloading "XXX/system/images/Builtin/truck02.png" (timeout=30)...
INFO  [VisionClientProjectsHandler   ] [2024/03/26 07:38:58]: Unable to download image at path Builtin/truck02.png
INFO  [GatewayCommUtil               ] [2024/03/26 07:38:58]: Downloading "XXX/system/images/Builtin/truck02.png" (timeout=30)...
INFO  [VisionClientProjectsHandler   ] [2024/03/26 07:38:58]: Unable to download image at path Builtin/truck02.png
INFO  [GatewayCommUtil               ] [2024/03/26 07:38:58]: Downloading "XXX/system/launchbin/launchclient.jar" (timeout=30)...
ERROR [LaunchClientJarService        ] [2024/03/26 07:38:58]: Launch client jar Invalid
com.inductiveautomation.ignition.launcher.common.error.HttpResponseException
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.launcher.common.utils.GatewayCommUtil.getGatewayConnection(GatewayCommUtil.java:237)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.launcher.common.utils.GatewayCommUtil.getGatewayConnection(GatewayCommUtil.java:148)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.launcher.common.utils.GatewayCommUtil.downloadFile(GatewayCommUtil.java:572)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.launcher.common.service.LaunchClientJarService$LaunchClientJarTask.lambda$downloadLaunchClientJar$2(LaunchClientJarService.java:359)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.launcher.common.utils.FileUtils.runResourceLockedAction(FileUtils.java:110)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.launcher.common.service.LaunchClientJarService$LaunchClientJarTask.downloadLaunchClientJar(LaunchClientJarService.java:357)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.launcher.common.service.LaunchClientJarService$LaunchClientJarTask.getLaunchClientJar(LaunchClientJarService.java:224)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.launcher.common.service.LaunchClientJarService$LaunchClientJarTask.call(LaunchClientJarService.java:164)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.launcher.common.service.LaunchClientJarService$LaunchClientJarTask.call(LaunchClientJarService.java:138)
	at javafx.concurrent.Task$TaskCallable.call(Task.java:1426)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264)
	at javafx.concurrent.Service.lambda$executeTask$6(Service.java:728)
	at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:399)
	at javafx.concurrent.Service.lambda$executeTask$7(Service.java:727)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1136)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:635)
	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:840) 

That looks like an antivirus program interfering with jar download from the target gateway.

Note that the JAR and the images before it are being rejected instantly. That could also be an SSL-intercepting proxy.

Agree, AV or firewall. Something seems to be interfering.

Downgrading to 1.1.22 didn't fix anything. Talking with our security team now.

Thanks for the help!

I'm work with hw79 and have a machine with the same AV installed that is working, so I don't think it's the AV. However, hw79 is currently on a VPN and I am onsite, so we suspect the VPN client is causing the issues.

1 Like

There's more to this. IT Security confirmed no traffic blocked from my IP.

Other gateways with the same version of Ignition are not having this issue. But every Vision project from this gateway will not load and errors out.

I exported the project and imported to another gateway and it works fine.