Vision Client Tag Change Script Executing when switching users

I have a vision client tag change event setup. This is set to trigger on value change of a few tags in the gateway tag group.

I noticed that this event runs on occasion when switching users on the client when the tag values do not change. Is this a bug or just something I need to implement / setup in a different way.

Travis

Are you checking the “initialChange” flag? Changing users is similar to restarting the client.

This is not a script on a tag it is a “Client Event Script” monitoring multiple tags.

I tried adding a tag change script on the gateway tag but I need my script to modify client tags so I think it must run as a Client event.

You can always make a gateway tag change to catch changes, and from there do sendMessage to the clients.

1 Like

There is still an initialChange flag.

2 Likes

Not seeing how this would be done. I did try adding “if not initialChange:” to the the value change script but this not work.

I also tried adding a client tag that is referencing the gateway tag through an expression then doing a Value Changed script on the client tag. The intialChange argument still does not seem to be able to stop my script from running when switching users.