Vision-Dropdown Component-Searchable Dropdown

Hello, how can we make vision dropdown searchable within its data. and Is it any way to open dropdown by clicking on another component textbox?

Hello Omii,

The dropdown component in Vision can be searchable within its data. You can check under Properties>Selection Mode and change it to Editable in order to do it.

https://docs.inductiveautomation.com/display/DOC81/Vision+-+Dropdown+List#VisionDropdownList-Properties

A few recent posts that may be helpful,

Here is another post that could be useful for people searching for this functionality:
Search Through Dropdown Component with Keystrokes

Direct link to the exchange resource:

Justin,

Regarding this searchable dropbox (which is totally cool, BTW), what mods need to be made to allow multiple columns to be displayed even though we're searching only on one column?

The reason I ask is that I have a table with non-distinct values in a column but the desired record is based on info in one of the other columns. Without being able to see those other values, the user is blindly selecting non-distinct values.

That's an interesting question; I haven't developed a table mode for that. In reality, it isn't a JComboBox at all; it's just a simple text field with an associated popup menu, so anything's possible. When I get some time, I'll look into it, and if I come up with something, I'll post it here.

I've developed a working prototype with a table mode if you want to test drive it:

As it's programmed right now, it automatically sets the column widths to width of the longest text up to the maximum table width property. After that, it proportionally narrows the widths, so they fit.

Edit: Made a few changes to streamline edge scenarios that were discovered during testing. The current version of the searchable dropdown that features a table mode has now been approved and is live on the exchange:
Searchable Dropdown v.3.00

1 Like

That works perfectly. Thanks!

I'll dig through it to see if there are any other enhancements that can be made.