Searchable dropdown in vision

Is there any provision to make dropdown searchable in vision?
If no, how can I do it?

Please help!!!

Please consider using this exchange resource:

We’ve been using it for years and haven’t had any issues with it

1 Like

I tried to import this template but is it showing me empty while importing.
I think version issue is there. I am using Ignition version 8.0.10.
And as I see the Requirement for this template to work is 7.9.12.

You need to import it as a project

You can then copy the resources out of it into your own project

You can always make one yourself as a template as well and then use that template everywhere. Then you can make the behavior operate exactly how you want as well by combining multiple components that act/look like a dropdown but with the search functionality. Probably a combination of a dropdown, text field, and list(or table) component).

I tried importing as a project also but still didn’t find any recourses under it.

huh… that’s what I’m seeing as well

@Travis.Cox can you please take a look?

Works for me,

Unzip, then when you import point to the file Tools_Dynamic Dropdown_2020-03-12_1324.proj

This is a vision template

1 Like

That shouldn’t need to be done though according to the exchange instructions

But hey, at least it works in one way or another

I tried to import it into a 7.9.12 gateway using the import within the gateway webpage and got the following error:

Summary
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Premature end of file.

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:1239)

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(SAXParserImpl.java:643)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.project.Project.hasVersionInfo(Project.java:1309)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.project.Project.hasVersionInfo(Project.java:1295)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.web.pages.config.ProjectUploadPage$1.onSubmitInternal(ProjectUploadPage.java:76)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.web.components.CsrfPreventingForm.onSubmit(CsrfPreventingForm.java:66)

at org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.Form$9.component(Form.java:1248)

at org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.Form$9.component(Form.java:1242)

at org.apache.wicket.util.visit.Visits.visitPostOrderHelper(Visits.java:274)

at org.apache.wicket.util.visit.Visits.visitPostOrder(Visits.java:245)

at org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.Form.delegateSubmit(Form.java:1241)

at org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.Form.process(Form.java:923)

at org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.Form.onFormSubmitted(Form.java:769)

at org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.Form.onFormSubmitted(Form.java:702)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)

at org.apache.wicket.RequestListenerInterface.internalInvoke(RequestListenerInterface.java:258)

at org.apache.wicket.RequestListenerInterface.invoke(RequestListenerInterface.java:216)

at org.apache.wicket.core.request.handler.ListenerInterfaceRequestHandler.invokeListener(ListenerInterfaceRequestHandler.java:240)

at org.apache.wicket.core.request.handler.ListenerInterfaceRequestHandler.respond(ListenerInterfaceRequestHandler.java:226)

at org.apache.wicket.request.cycle.RequestCycle$HandlerExecutor.respond(RequestCycle.java:814)

at org.apache.wicket.request.RequestHandlerStack.execute(RequestHandlerStack.java:64)

at org.apache.wicket.request.cycle.RequestCycle.execute(RequestCycle.java:253)

at org.apache.wicket.request.cycle.RequestCycle.processRequest(RequestCycle.java:210)

at org.apache.wicket.request.cycle.RequestCycle.processRequestAndDetach(RequestCycle.java:281)

at org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.processRequest(WicketFilter.java:188)

at org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.doFilter(WicketFilter.java:245)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.bootstrap.SRFilter.doFilter(SRFilter.java:80)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1668)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:581)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:143)

at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:548)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:226)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1160)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:511)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:185)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1092)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:141)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerList.handle(HandlerList.java:52)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:134)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:518)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.handle(HttpChannel.java:308)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.onFillable(HttpConnection.java:244)

at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection$ReadCallback.succeeded(AbstractConnection.java:273)

at org.eclipse.jetty.io.FillInterest.fillable(FillInterest.java:95)

at org.eclipse.jetty.io.SelectChannelEndPoint$2.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:93)

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.ExecuteProduceConsume.produceAndRun(ExecuteProduceConsume.java:246)

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.ExecuteProduceConsume.run(ExecuteProduceConsume.java:156)

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:654)

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:572)

It imported into Designer (7.9.12) fine

You first need to unzip the file downloaded from the Exchange. Inside you will find the .proj import file to use in the designer or Gateway.

I did that, on 7.9.12 I got the error in my above post

It looks like it was exported in 7.9.13 but the Exchange says 7.9.12. Can you try 13?

1 Like

Project “Tools” uploaded successfully.

Version: 7.9.13 (b2019120915)

(Y)

So is this not supposed to be importable on a 8+ gateway as a .zip? I was under the assumption that .zip files can be imported on 8+ gateways without needing to unzip / import the .proj file separately

You should be able to import it into 7.9.13+.

On 8.1.20 importing the .zip works, but the imported project is empty. You need to unzip it and import the .proj file contained within

Not what I would expect

That is how I see most, if not all exchange resources, you must first unzip them.

2 Likes

interesting… Seems really confusing imo

the import accepts both .proj and .zip files, but you need to unzip the downloaded file and find the .zip or .proj inside

I always assumed you could simply import the downloaded file into the designer or gateway and be done with it.

Most of the resources I’ve looked at don’t mention anything about unzipping the downloaded file. They all pretty much say “just import xyz file”

I usually just unzip anyways and copy whatever stuff i want out and paste it into the designer manually.

Good to know for future reference. Thanks!

Here is another post that could be useful for people searching for this functionality in Ignition version 8.1.xx:
Search Through Dropdown Component with Keystrokes

Direct link to the exchange resource: