Vision - Dropdown list Template write to boolean property/tag

Hi, I need to create a template with a dropdownlist and the option chosen in that dropdown (value 1,2,3,6,8,16 etc) writes to a boolean custom property( in the same template) … (then there will be a boolean opc tag linked to that property).
How can I do this? Thanks so much.
Ignition - v8.1.10 - Vision

1 Like

Hi Andreia, if i understood you correctly, the key here is to bind the “selected string value” property of the dropdown to the boolean property bidirectionally.

I’ve tested this using Vision, 8.1.13.

On the dropdown, customize it’s data dataset to one where you have the first column(Position 0) with a bool datatype and the second column(Position 1) can be an int or a string,note that the second column will be the one where the user will choose, and the first column will be what’s written to your opc tag, so populate it accordingly and it’ll look something like this:

The names of the columns don’t matter for this, and if you need to delete the original columns, first add a row so you can select them.

Then, bind the dropdown’s property called Selected String Value to the boolean custom property, like this:
Then finally, make sure your custom property on the template is bound to the appropriate tag with the Biderectional option selected:

Now, your dropdown should look something like this when you click on it:

1 Like