Vision EasyChart tag values only visible in Designer

I just migrated a Vision project to a new server and database. The EasyChart in the project shows the appropriate values in Designer, but when I launch the project, the chart in the client is red with the database connection error icon. What could be causing the issue?

You upgraded? And are using DB pens instead of tag history pens? You might be bumping into a security change. Look at your project properties' "Legacy Database" security permission.

Not an upgrade. Moved the gateway to another computer and connected a new instance of MySQL. I've tried checking the "Legacy Database" box but the problem persists. I've tried creating a new chart in the same project as well as creating a new project, but same problem.

In the Vision client, use the help menu to open the diagnostics. Select the console tab and clear it. Then open the window with the problem chart and see what is reported.

I am using tag historian. I see the following in the diagnostic tool:

Invalid type [long] for X value of pen [AI1 Temp]. Expected a [Date].

and

Caused by: com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayException: Error executing function 'QueryTagHistory': The current user does not have the required roles for this operation.

Corrections, the first error was from when I tried to add a dB pen so it looks like a required role issue. Not sure how to fix.

Fixed by checking tag history permission in project settings. Still don't understand how it got "unchecked".