Vision Power Table Runtime Sort and Filter Jython Get & Set

I have a few Vision Power Tables in an application. The client asked if I could make sorts and filters applied during runtime persist when they navigate away from the screen and return. Could implement this with a change script on the viewDataset property that writes the current sort and filter to client tags and use the initialize extension function to load the sort and filter. However, I am not sure how to get and set the currently applied runtime sort and filter information with Python/Jython. Can anyone give me some sample code for this? Thanks.

Simplest possible solution first: if you set the window's cache policy to Always, does it persist your runtime settings within the live client?

I haven't seen anyone do this, but it should be possible. You'll have to dig into the sparse documentation of the JideTable:

Please share your solution....

Some possible prior art: