Vision project lost its path to project function in upgraded gateway

I have a gateway event triggered by a tag. The gateway event calls a project script under the project folder automatically when a gateway is upgraded from 7.9 to 8.1.

Today we started seeing an error message basically stating that "project" is not a valid path anymore. We fixed this by adding the code

import system

to the top of the gateway event. The gateway event was able to find the "project" folder again.

Any clue as to what happened? We have been running this upgrade for several months without issues and then suddenly the issue started.

Any info is appreciated.

Hello bmeyers,

What version of 8.1 are you running? Does this happen with all gateway event scripts? Could you try removing the import system and testing it again? I want to test if it may be related to a bug ticket we currently have open. It may be best to reach out to support to investigate further.

v8.1.17

This was the only gateway event we noticed had an issue.

I will check if they want to risk stopping production but I doubt it.

Okay, well if it's a system you're able to share a gwbk from, you could get in contact with support to provide that. Then we can try to replicate the issue. If it's related to the bug ticket I was looking at then it wasn't specifically importing system that fixed it, but just making any change to the script and saving it.

If it's related to the bug ticket I was looking at then it wasn't specifically importing system that fixed it, but just making any change to the script and saving it.

Understood. I might have accidentally fixed the issue then by saving the script which makes more sense then suddenly a library was missing. If we decide to undo the code change I will update this thread with the results.