Vision scripting issue

Hello,
I am trying to perform delete operation in a table using database and script.
I am trying to call a named query through scripting, but there's an error saying Transaction databaseName is closed
If I try to include the args as list, I will get another error saying Cannot coerce value '[{'sensor_id': 12}]' into type: interface java.util.Map

Can you please help me out with this issue

table = event.source.parent.getComponent('Table')
selectedRow = table.getSelectedRow()

if selectedRow >= 0:
data = (table.data).getValueAt(selectedRow, 'sensor_id')

# Ask for confirmation
confirmed = system.gui.confirm("Are you sure you want to delete the selected row?")
if confirmed:
    args = {'sensor_id': data}  # Using a dictionary for named parameters
    event.source.parent.getComponent('Label').text = str(selectedRow) + str(data)

# Delete from database using the named query
    query = "displayDeleteUser"
    result = system.db.runNamedQuery("displayDeleteUser", args, "databaseName")

system.db.refresh(event.source.parent.getComponent('Table'), "data")
else:
    print("Deletion cancelled.")

else:
system.gui.errorBox("Please Select a Row to Delete", "Selection Error")

Well... You're just not using the function properly.

Look at the doc:
https://docs.inductiveautomation.com/display/DOC81/system.db.runNamedQuery

The function's third argument is either tx or parameters, depending on the scope.
From the error you're getting, it is clear that you're calling the function in the client/session scope, and that it expects the third argument to be a transaction id.
Remove the third argument and you'll be fine.

PS: the database used by named queries are defined by the named query itself, not by the function that calls it.
PPS: Try to find a better title next time. This one says absolutely nothing about the issue you have: 2 out of the 3 words are already in the tags, and the last one, well... you probably wouldn't be posting if everything was fine.

1 Like

See here on how to post code on the forum. (The first four lines of code are not formatted properly.)

There's a pencil icon under your post which will allow you to edit it - and fix the title.

Thank you! It is working now!

And apologies for title which is used!

Thank you!
Will have a look at it and post it properly the next time!