Vision spinner snapback/rubber banding

I am setting up some templates, and noticed some perplexing behavior that I would like to avoid if possible. Specifically, when using a spinner widget to change the value of a variable, I have noticed that it sort of "snaps back" (or rubber-bands) when used rapidly. For instance, if I click up ten times quickly, it will show the immediate change to where it should go, and then roll back to a number between where I started and where I ended, and then multiple (less than the ten clicks) updates later it will be where it originally finished. This would be annoying, although possibly managable, except that it is inconsistent: if I click N times at a medium speed, it does not reliably move N steps.

Is there something I should be doing to avoid this? I can't find any obvious knobs to change this behavior, I wonder if its intrinsically tied to some kind of round-trip tag update speed?

I've seen behavior like it also in some of my 2 State Toggle buttons where when toggled 0->1 they indicate 0 -> 1 -> 0 -> 1.