VisualVM

Hello,

I’m trying to monitor the memory consumption of one of my module. I’ve found that VisualVM could fit my needs. (I seems to be able to connect to a JVM through the wrapper by using a JMX Connection)

I was wondering if someone already accomplished a connection to the Gateway with this software.

Thanks.

VisualVM can connect to a running gateway without issue. Have you tried it?

Thank you for the reply.

Yes I’ve tried but the connection is unsuccessful so far. The Gateway does not appear in the left panel (Local/Remote/Snapshots). I can only see the VisualVM process (under Local).

Ignition version is 7.7.5
VisualVM version is 1.3.8
OS is Windows 10 (Firewall set to OFF)

Are you running Ignition with the JVM or the JDK? It shows up for me, as this: [attachment=0]Screen Shot 2015-12-16 at 7.31.16 AM.png[/attachment]

I’m using the JDK; I’m not sure if that makes a difference though.

I was running from the JRE.

I installed the very last version of the JDK (66) and changed the path in ignition.conf in order to use this JDK.

I can see other visualVM instance launched as well as Designers but still no Gateway in the list.

I changed the Ignition user account to the same as the one used to launch VisualVM and I can see the Gateway in the list.
It is the only thing that works for now as all other features are said to be “Not supported for this JVM” but it is the right direction.

Thanks for the help.