Voice Alarms through Ignition

Once a alarm is set in Ignition is it possible for a voice message to be played on the speakers that are attached to the computer? :laughing:

Of course you can! Take a look at the Sound Player component

Did any of you play around with this?
I have a similar use for this. Essentially our widget factory is converting from an old analog
radio comms system to a new digital one. Where Maintenance/Engineering/Management/TechSupport/Materials/Quality/etcā€¦etcā€¦have radios strapped on and use to communicate as a team. The old analog radio system will be going away. What was used back then for alarming was a system called Ztron-----http://www.zetron.com/en-us/products/remotemonitoring/m1516alarmreporter.aspx

I would like to interface a PC to the new radio system where the mic is keyed up by ignition then the alarm is played through ā€œsalliā€ then ignition releases the mic key.
This thread has me thinkingā€¦Looking for feedbackā€¦
How did any of you make use of thisā€¦??

So the sound player needs wave filesā€¦Anyone have a demo of how to make the speech engine do this?

I was at v7.2 at the time. All the recording was done by yours truly using Audacity. I didnā€™t go to far with it. But it is fun to signal the end of a cycle with a Star Trek door chimeā€¦ :laughing:

Now that Iā€™ve finally gotten to 7.6, with 7.7 on the very near horizon, Iā€™m hoping to get back into it a bit moreā€¦

Sorry I canā€™t be more help, yet. :frowning:

Recording a .wav file is easy enough and using ignition to trigger it was great; but thatā€™s not what I was looking for. I want access to the speech engine in the voice notification module. In theory I will need to record several hundred alarms to programmatically use the radio alerting.
Thus rendering the voice alerting module a bad investment if I cant access ā€œscripting to speechā€ through the speakers. I have to be missing something. If the voice notification is only for voip I sure do not need to purchase itā€¦May the force be with us!!

Do you have any info for the new radio system?

secomwireless.com/ms/mpl_nx-720_820.pdf

kenwood.rcsonline.net/Details.php?prod=48

KAS-10 FleetSyncĀ® & NEXEDGEĀ® AVL & Messaging Software
with NEXEDGE Trunking VoIP Dispatch
Note: Users can chose to operate Messaging, AVL or VoIP or all three if desired. Compatible with
WindowsĀ®
XP, VISTA & 7 and MicrosoftĀ®MapPointĀ®
2006/2009/2010 (certain format bitmap images
can be imported). Refer to KAS-10 product spec sheets and manuals for detials

Looks like it might even tie in with voipā€¦???

it look like your link is not working, could you help pls
thank you Jordan,

It was just a link to the online documentation. The link above has been updated.

Again, this just plays a wav file. Thereā€™s no text-to-speech stuff going on.

Alternatively, Iā€™ve also posted items on how to play an mp3 file here.