Voice Notification through VOiP host GS HT-813 Troubleshooting

Hi,
I'm trying to set up a Voice Alarm Notification with a GrandStream HT-813 using the offical Ignition guide here.
After setting the HT-813, connecting it to the the telephone line on the FXO port and the LAN with my gateway I registered it on Ignition and using a test pipeline I tried to send a call but didn't succeded.
At first I had the I/O error below regarding the network, so I turned off the firewall and and don't get that error anymore (btw what are the port that I have to open?).

Now I don't get any errors, the only logs are the ones below but I don't get any calls.

While I don't have one of those devices, I'm pretty familiar with VoIP in general.
What status does the web interface on the device show when trying to make a call?
Have you enabled debugging level on the logger for "Alarming.Notification.Voice.CallManager.Agent" to get additional information?

For call setup, the module needs port 5060 (udp/tcp) and for audio, it needs port 8000 (udp) by default, but these can be configured in the advanced settings of the VoIP alarm notification profile.

1 Like

Hi,
thank you for your response.
From the web interface of the device it seems like the device doesn't responde: I place a call with a test pipeline and the FXO port stays Idle

I've activated trace level debug on Alarming.Notification.Voice.CallManager.Agent, I get this message

The IP of the of the VOiP device is 192.168.1.32 while my gateway address is 192.168.1.123 (I'm connected through LAN at the moment).
I don't understand what is the 192.168.1.142 device you an see in the message, if I use and IP scanner it seems it's my still my gateway
immagine

I've understood what the 192.168.1.142 was, it's my gateway IP under the wifi network.
I put the gateway and the VOiP under a different subnet but the receiver IP is set still on 1.142, even after deleting and recreating the notification.

Under advanced options in the notification profile, you can set a bind address to the 192.168.1.123 address to force it to use that IP when connecting to the device.

You might also try using wireshark to do a packet capture as it has a VoIP analyzer in it to show the call flow and conversation between the 2 devices to help see what's getting stuck or what's breaking.