Web browser component dont apper into component palette designer

Hi.

I have a Ignition Gateway Version: 7.9.9 S.O. Windows Server 2008 | x86 32 bits

I install the web browser module (WebBrowser01) and install the licence for web browser module (WebBrowser02) but into the component palette (WebBrowser03) of the designer dont show the web browser component i search into each component groups (Input, buttons, display… Misc, Instruments, etc.).

Thanks

Check the designer console on startup - are there any exceptions being logged about being unable to load the module? Are you sure your designer is pointed at the correct gateway with the web browser module?

1 Like

The console show this web browser module error Fig WebBrowser04

12:22:31.066 [Designer-Startup] ERROR designer.main - Error starting up module Web Browser
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: null
at com.teamdev.jxbrowser.chromium.internal.ipc.IPC.getDefault(SourceFile:90)
at com.teamdev.jxbrowser.chromium.BrowserContext.(SourceFile:57)
at com.teamdev.jxbrowser.chromium.BrowserContext.(SourceFile:26)
at com.inductiveautomation.webbrowser.BrowserClientHook.startup(BrowserClientHook.java:46)
at com.inductiveautomation.webbrowser.designer.DesignerHook.startup(DesignerHook.java:38)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.IgnitionDesigner$LoadedModule.startup(IgnitionDesigner.java:1901)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.IgnitionDesigner.startupModule(IgnitionDesigner.java:1032)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.IgnitionDesigner.loadProject(IgnitionDesigner.java:901)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.IgnitionDesigner$StartupProjectDialogHandler$1.run(IgnitionDesigner.java:1973)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: com.teamdev.jxbrowser.chromium.internal.EnvironmentException: Unsupported operating system. Supported OS: Windows 7 and higher, Windows Server 2008 R2 and higher, macOS 10.9 and higher, Linux. Current OS: Windows Server 2008, version: 6.0

Looks pretty clear:

You need at least Server 2008 R2.

2 Likes

Yes!!!. I think my client dont want to migrate the server version, bad for me, thanks.

You should be able to run the designer on a different PC…

2 Likes

If you really can’t use a different designer, you can roll back to Web Browser Module to, I think, the 7.9.3 version, which uses an older version of the web browser library and should still work on your system.

1 Like

pturmel: But, the client could see the web browser control?, becouse i have the gateway in the same server with the windows 2008 version 6.0

thanks

Yes, as long as the client PC was on a supported OS. Just like the suggestion for the designer. The Ignition gateway doesn’t have to support that component because the gateway doesn’t run any GUI itself.

1 Like