Has anyone had success using a web browser component to open a locally (local network) stored *.html file? Here’s the kicker, the *.html file is a shell for a locally stored video file.
I’m not sure if the web browser is capable of playing a H.264 codec/*.mp4 file.
I can get the web browser to point to the local *.html file. (plain text shows just fine)
I can get the *.html file to play the video when opened from my local pc.
I cannot get the *.html file to play the video when opened through the web browser.
I know I must be missing something.
I would sure appreciate any guidance if it’s out there.
Bump because I modified the original post to be a little more descriptive.
Unfortunately the web browser component does not support H.264 or mp4 codecs.
So I figured out how to get videos to play in ignition…
Here’s what I learned…
- The ‘Web Browser’ component is a ‘Chromium’ based browser…it cannot show H.264 or *.mp4 video files or codecs…
o I had to convert the movie to a ‘webm’ format
- The browser needs to be set to ‘URL’ Mode
- ‘Starting URL’ property needs to point to the http address of the Ignition Server
o Here is what works – http:\IPaddress:8088\main\test5.html
- Here is the ‘test5.html’ document – it’s a simple notepad file saved as a *.html extension
- Note that the video itself is also in the ‘Main’ folder on the Ignition server…I placed a shortcut to a different network location inside the ‘Main’ folder.
o The modified path with the shortcut looked like… ”…86:8088\main\Video\TestVideo…”
\Video was a shortcut to the network location
This did not work…the video did not play
• There may be a permissions problem here…or it may just not like to work with a different network location…maybe just the \main folder works
**NOTE: ‘IPAddress’ is the IP address of the Ignition Server